Sunday, August 23, 2009

grandpa... tell me bout the good old days!

where to begin... my next post will be this week, and itll be about whats new and pictures of the nursery ect. but this post is gonna be a bout two amazing guys who i miss terribly especially lately, but more than anything just this past year... i miss them all the time but i guess because this past year has brought so many changes that they werent able to physically be a part of its been a little bit harder.
grandpa. oh how i miss my grandpa! (excuse how fuzzy this picture is! its the only one i have!) theres so many memories of this great guy that i dont even know where to start. the best times were when he would come over in the mornings before i had to go to school and we would have breakfast together, always wanted the same thing. toast and either jam or butter depending on the day, but we would sit there at the table eat breakfast together and he'd say his corny jokes and have crumbs all over his face! but i was spending time with him... and thats something ill be able to treasure forever. when he moved into silver hills and we'd go see him if he was in the chair and we were able to take him where ever sometimes we'd go out in the court yard by that fountain, and we had water fights. remember swimming with him and dallen and jackie when they had that apartment off the free way, jackie didnt get in but grandpa did! jackie just kinda sat there and complained... lol but memories of grandpa are always close to my heart. i missed him at the wedding, and i miss him through out this pregnancy and ill miss him when the baby comes. mostly i just wish he was here to share that big beautiful smile! and those big blue eyes... along with those big ears no one can forget!

i miss my uncle Teni. there isnt one thing i can pin point that i miss the most about him but he was such a HUGE influence in my life that with all the changes and i guess the time of the year his more at the top of my mind than ever. he gave me my last 'fathers' school blessing. and after that year i hadnt gotten one. he gave the best hugs, i miss him more than the world. words can not describe how much i love my uncle teni he was the most giving selfless person that ive ever come across, but in the same sentence he was crackin jokes and making everyone laugh. i have so many memories of going to their house and having him either half asleep in the chair with the golf club aka 'tv remote' in his hand or of him just being asleep laying on the floor snoring his head off! loved his kids! anyone who knew him knew that he LOVED his kids. and to be apart of that family and be around him so much has been a great blessing in my life he became more than an uncle and more like a father to us kids that he would even give Dallen and I lunch money on sunday nights after dinner. would order anything on an infomercial, buy homeless men dinner and make them sit in the restaurant while they both ate and talked, went fishing with me and kissed and hugged on the fish! was his girl friend lucial! hahaha had so more love for the gospel than anyone i know. i so wish that he could be here now, just to give him a hug and tell him that i love him and tell him how much hes meant to me in life...

these two great men have shaped me and helped me become who i am today, i know that with the church and the gospel i will be with them again one day (doesnt make me miss them any less though!) 'families are forever' was once taken from me and left a pretty bad taste. but this past year has brought on a new meaning in my heart that no one can ever take. im so glad to be apart of the family that im in and to be around and learn from some of the greatest people around! i love my family, and i cant wait to have baby zeke and introduce him to every one of you. thank goodness for pictures and stories because even if they arent here physically, he hear about the ones we've said goodbye to and hopefully will get to understand just how great they are!

5 comments:

  1. very sweet ali!!! i'm sure they're both very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how true!!! Grandpa was one of a kind and I can't wait to see him again and listen to ALL the new corny jokes he has had time to come up with.
    As for my Dad.... thank you with all my heart for your kind words and sharing your memories of him with all of us. He truly loved you and your family deeply. We miss our Dad terribly, especially with all the new changes and events that have, and are, happening to us all. He was such a huge part of my life that I still find it hard to believe that he's not here, but ahhhhh the memories! What a blessing to have them to reflect on. Ali you know in your heart what really matters most in this life and it is always there waiting for you - thanks to our Savior. Dad loved you so unconditionally and I know he misses you too. May we all live so that we can see him, and all those we love again. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face and a tear to my eye. He is a true Hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tears ran down my face writing that blog and i dont think it did either of them justice! thanks carla and ana i love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Benore, what a beautiful tribute to Papa and my Dad. I know both of them would be smiling ear to ear to have heard the tender and heartfelt words that you wrote. I, too, have great memories of Papa and all the wonderful stories he used to make up and share with us-- and as Ana said, i'm sure he's making up even more to share once we're reunited.

    As for my Dad-- I join Ana in thanking your for your thoughtful tribute. I know Dad loved you, and I can remember that week on the lake when you were catching fish left and right and Dad thought you had a special talent for catching fish with ham!!! It has been difficult to have him gone, especially during the big events in life like marriage and babies, but his love lives on in all the good we do and in those priceless treasured memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ali, how we all love you, I am the very humble and yet proud eternal companion of that great man, how much more could I be blessed. What more could I ask for, how kind of you to express such tender feelings, thank you. I am also so blessed to have had such a great Daddy , your papa I can not wait to see him again. What a great family we have waiting for us, it is up to us to live a life that will reflect how good theirs was and to honor them all by doing good all of our lives. love you Ali..

    ReplyDelete